Diet does not mean boring drinks
How do you lose weight and still get to drink ? Here you have two (2) of the homemade weight loss drinks that will allow you to cool your palate and still stay on your calorie restricted diet.
These homemade drinks are easy to make if you have the right ingredients on hand. None of them take a long time to make and all of them are very healthy for you. They will help you with your weight loss goals .
There are times when you want cold drinks and most of the commercial drinks, including fruit juices are full of unwanted sugar and preservatives. With these homemade drinks you can avoid the pitfalls of extra calories and harmful preservatives while still cooling off with a refreshing drink.
Tomato Yogurt ShakeThe tomato is a fruit that has rich anti oxidant properties. It is also full of vitamin C and vitamin A. it has practically no fat but has dietary fiber.
Yogurt is rich in calcium and vitamin A. If you use the low fat yogurt made from toned and skimmed milk, all the better. It is a great way to get your dairy calcium if you are lactose intolerant and can't drink milk.
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Blend the tomatoes after washing them in a blender.
- Add the yogurt and blend till smoothly mixed.
- Pour into a jug through a strainer and add as much water as you like to get the right consistency.
- Add the lemon juice and the salt to taste. Stir well. Serve cold.
The smoothie is a cooling drink and is very flexible. There is no restriction on what fruit you can use in a smoothie, although it is better not to use highly citrus fruits.
Berries, melons and more fleshy fruits work best in a yogurt based smoothie.At times I have even used apples with watermelon and it has come out quite tasty. The fresh fruit smoothie is high in vitamins, anti oxidants and calcium. Though, a Diabetics person can choose from a wide variety of fresh fruit to use.
- Mixed fruits
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Ice cubes
- Take the assorted fresh fruit that you would like to use in the smoothie and peel and prepare it.
- Now add the prepared fruit pulp to the blender along with the yogurt and the ice cubes.
- Blend till smooth, and serve immediately.