People often say they know something "like the back of their hands " to indicate that they are familiar with its top to bottom . But how much do you really know about your own body ? I've got some tidbits that may surprise .
* The small intestine is about four times as long as the average adult is tall . If it wasn't back and forth upon itself , its length of 18 to 23 feet wouldn't fit into the abdominal cavity . Making everything rather messy .
* Your nose is not as sensitive as a dog's . But it can remember 50,000 different scents .
* Did you know that you get a new stomach lining every three to four days ?
If you didn't the strong acids the stomach uses to digest food also digest the stomach .
* An adult has fewer bones than a baby . We start off life with 350 bones but because bones fuse together during growth , we end up with 206 bones as adults .
* Don't stick out your tongue if you want to hide your identity . Similar to finger prints , everyone has a unique tongue print .
* Your pet isn't the only one in the shed house with shedding problem . Humans shed about 600,000 of skin every hour .
* The source of smelly feet like smelly armpits is sweat.
And people sweat buckets from their feet . A pair of feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat in a day .
* The air from a human sneeze can travel at speeds of 100miles per hour or more.....another reason to cover your nose or duck when you hear one coming your way .
* Blood has a long road to travel laid and to the end , there are about 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body . And the hard working heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood through those vessels everyday .
* You may not want to swim in your spit . But if you saved it all you could . In a life time , the average person produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva ......enough to full two swimming pool .
* By 60years of age , 60% of men and 40% of women will snore . But the sound of a snore can seem to deafening .
While snores average around 60 decibels. The noise level of normal speech , they can reach more than 80 decibels . 80 decibels is as loud as the sound of a pneumatic drill breaking up concrete .
Noise level over 85 decibels are considered hazardous to the human ear .