Before you can appreciate the benefits of water to your health, it is better to review the role of water in hum an body.
The human body is anywhere from 55% - 78% water depending on your body size. Do you know that your tissue and organs are mainly made of water?
Muscles - 75%
Brain - 90%
Bone - 22%
Blood - 83%
The function of water in the body is very vital:
- transports nutrients/ oxygen into cells
- moisturizes the air in lungs
- helps with metabolism
- helps the organ to absorb nutrients better
- regulates body temperature
- detoxifies, protects and moisturizes the joints
Every cell in the body - head to toe needs water that is why it is important to drink enough of the fluid.
Take for example 90% water for the brain, if enough water is not supplied to the body, the brain will not function well, headache or migarine will result. Hence, next time, if you feel fatigue and headache, it may be the sign of dehyderation.