Eat for good vision - the eyesight can be protected with the type of food on your plate. Studies have it that Omega 3- fatty acids, Lutein, Zinc and Vit. C and E may help to ward off age related vision problem like ; Mascular Degeneration and Cataracts.
Quit smoking - smoking makes it more likely to get Cataracts, Optic nerve damage, and Mascular degeneration.
Wear sunglasses - the right kind of glasses will help protect your eyes from the sun's ultra violent (UV) rays. Choose sunglasses that block 99% - 100% of both UVA and UVB rays. Wrap around lenses help protect eyes from the side while polarized lenses reduce glare .
Look away from the computer - starting a computer screen can cause eye strain, blurry vision, difficulty focusing at a distance, dry eyes, headaches, weak back and shoulder pain.
- Make sure your glasses or contact lens prescription is up-to-date and adequate for computer use.
- Position your computer, so that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor.
- Avoid glare at your computer from windows and light.
- Use anti-glare screen if possible.
- If your eyes are dry, blink more.
- Every 20minutes, rest the eyes by looking down 20feet away for 20seconds.
- At least every 2hours, get up and take a 15minutes break.